We are wrapping up our series on How to Find Your Niche by focusing on the seventh and last step Boosting Your Money-Making Niche Powers.
Once your blog is set up (and even before) you can boost your money-making niche powers by doing one small thing:
- Maintaining a consistent, daily presence in the world of your sub-niche
This can be:
- On your blog
- On your social networks
And believe it or not, this is the single hardest thing for most niche bloggers or affiliates to master. It is tempting to dart off to the next money-making idea, but don’t do it.
You’re under constant bombardment from other marketers, all showing you the next Shiny Object. Don’t be like a magpie or jackdaw – the British bird noted for its chronic kleptomania. These birds will even fly into a house to grab small sparkly trinkets: And that is what other marketers put all their efforts on training you to do.
You need to learn to drown out the chronic, insistent background chatter of: “ME! ME!”, “No, PICK ME!” and sit down to focus on helping your niche members.
You can make money within your chosen specialty niche in many ways – apply your creativity, and you can do this directly or indirectly. The foolproof formula is as simple as this:
- Build up niche and Google authority
- Focus only on products that truly do help and delight your niche members
Your content strategy should be 90% content sharing and 10% actual selling.
But make sure that every piece of content contains links pointing to offers, squeeze pages and sign up pages.
Also include social share buttons on every post and in every website.
Certain strategies are “musts.” For example . . .
- Claiming your Google web authorship and using bylines on every post or article you write
- Guest authoring
Others are highly recommended, depending on your niche:
- Creating a Facebook Page for your niche (or multiple Facebook Pages) and logging in as your Page and posting daily
- Commenting, answering questions and interacting with your audience daily
- Using calls to action (asking people to DO something – even if it’s just sharing your article or post) as often as possible
- Using “rich media” – interactive types of media such as videos, audio files, surveys, infographics, contests where the reader has to take an action (even if that’s just clicking “Like” – which is allowed now on Facebook).
- Building an email list (install a sign up App with incentive right on your Facebook Page, as well as on your blog)
But ultimately, no matter what strategies you use, the best and most lucrative way to come up with your best ideas lies in immersing yourself, night and day, in your niche – and ruthlessly cutting out all other distractions.
Are you using any of these strategies to make money? We would love to hear your experiences, ideas, thoughts, and/or suggestions. Join the conversation below by commenting in our comments section.
As I mentioned previously in this series (How to Find Your Niche), these posts are summaries of the seven (7) steps that are included in the workbook, The Riches are in the Niches: How to Find Your Niche. Go here to pick up the full version of your workbook.